This is where you will find pictures and stories from my two wheeled adventures.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Quick Visit to Starved Rock




Starved Rock State Park is a nice riding destination to those of us near Chicago.  Once outside of the major suburbs, traffic is light and the scenery only gets better the farther southwest I ride. 


While I had a nice 230 mile ride, I only took a handful of pictures, so this post will be a short one.


I took my time getting to the park, enjoying the clear blue skies and morning temps in the upper 60's.  As I approached the park, Route 71 takes me along the Illinois River.





After doing some recent maintenance to my Caponord, it ran like a champ over the 230 miles I rode this day.





Taking Route 71 through the park, I stopped near the visitor center to look at the river and the dam.  People come here to fish, and boat rides are available to anyone that is interested.  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive