This is where you will find pictures and stories from my two wheeled adventures.

Monday, May 11, 2009

A ride worth few pictures

I had a day off of work after working on a Saturday, so I thought I might take a ride up to the Kettle Moraine area in Wisconsin. I've heard great things about the area - both online and personally from my friend Ed. The trip up took me through the Chain O' Lakes State Park, Lake Geneva, and finally to the southern Kettle Moraine area.

The weather was cloudy, damp, and cool, and it really effected my outlook on this ride. To be honest, I couldn't wait to get home once I got up there. I found signs indicating I was in the Kettle Moraine area, but I didn't see anything that made the trip worthwhile. I should have done more research and planning prior to leaving because I know I missed out on what is there.


View Larger Map


The Chain O' Lakes State Park. I was anxious to keep riding.
Photobucket

I stopped in Lake Geneva for a couple of pictures.
Photobucket

Popeye's is an extremely popular restaurant right on the lake. No, it's not part of the fried chicken chain.
Photobucket

I saw a few signs for Kettle Moraine. They all looked the same so I only took a picture of one of them.
Photobucket

As I said, I am sure there is a lot more to Kettle Moraine than the little bit that I found. It was just an uncomfortably cold and damp day, and I was ready to get back home. Ed has offered to show me around the area, so I will need to take him up on that someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive