This is where you will find pictures and stories from my two wheeled adventures.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Morning Ride

After a tough 2008/2009 winter, Easter turned out to be nice and sunny. I had a few free hours to get out on the road and I can't tell you how nice it was to get out on two wheels with nowhere in particular that I needed to be. I took time this winter to strip and polish my wheels, so please be sure to notice the results of my hard work! You may be tempted to think "bling" when you see them, but please don't.


View Larger Map


The I&M Canal trail in Channahon is a great mountain bike trail that goes for miles. A couple of years ago Tamara and I rode 18 miles on it. My knee couldn't take any more than that.
Photobucket

Riding down Route 53 through Elwood, I encountered the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetary.
Photobucket

I ended up riding towards the Dresden power station near Morris. This is a neat little lake that I've passed many times along the way.
Photobucket

A run down old barn near Goose Lake Prarie State Natural Area.
Photobucket

Photobucket

As I rode east, I noticed someone checking out my bike. Must be the polished wheels.
Photobucket

This covered bridge crosses a nuclear power plant cooling lake. In cool weather, the warm water creates a lot of fog, and this helps drivers get across without piling up.
Photobucket

Crossing a bridge in Wilmington. Eyes on the road at all times!
Photobucket

I made a stop at the Des Plaines Fish and Wildlife Area. I shoot trap here a couple of times a year.
Photobucket

Time to head home. A quick blast up I-55 gets me there in no time. I would have taken pictures - but you would have been bored with them. So I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive