This is where you will find pictures and stories from my two wheeled adventures.

Friday, November 6, 2009

A Short Autumn Ride

Thanks to recent heavy rains, I spent much of Halloween tearing wet carpet out of my basement. Fortunately the carpet was brown and fairly hideous, so what could have been a small disaster ended up with a positive side to it in that my basement will get some much needed updates. Sunday morning was spent sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning up so that the basement was once again usable by the family.

With my work done and the weather cool and cloudy - but dry, I decided to get out on the bike for a couple of hours. I didn't have a destination in mind, but as I headed out I found myself going in the direction of Willow Springs. There are some nice forest preserve roads in the area of Archer Avenue and Route 83, and I have ridden the area fairly often. It was in this area that I crashed my last bike, but that little incident doesn't keep me away.

Photobucket

My Honda
Photobucket

Maple Lake
Photobucket

Photobucket

Traffic was nice and light, and I saw several other riders enjoying the area. It was a nice afternoon but I was certainly glad to have my heated grips and neck warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive